The 11th battalion company of the NCC has a strength of 160 Cadets (with Head Quarters at Nagercoil). The mixed battalion (boys and girls) has been functioning for the last five years. The aims of the N.C.C. are:
- To develop character, courage, comradeship, discipline, and leadership qualities. secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and sportsmanship and the ideals of selfless service among the youth to make them useful citizens.
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life including the armed forces and to make them always available for the service of the nation.
- The tenure of N.C.C. training is normally two years. In cases of exceptional cadets, it may be extended to one more year.
- The N.C.C. training consists of the drill with or without arms, weapon training, map reading, bayonet-fighting, range firing with a rifle and light machine gun, elementary military field tactics, the study of army organization, and allied subjects.
- Selected cadets will have the privilege of attending the Annual Training Camp, Summer Training Camp, Advanced Leadership Training Camp, Republic Day Parade, Mountaineering Courses, and Attachment to Army Units.
- There will be 40 parades per year.
- Attendance is compulsory for all parades.
- Punctuality, good turnout, and active disciplined participation are expected of all cadets.
- The cadets will be able to appear for B and C Certificate examinations according to the proficiency attained